If you are seriously injured due to someone’s negligence, hiring a personal injury attorney to represent you is always a wise decision.
Some people decide to manage small claims on their own. Although doable, keep in mind that seemingly minor injuries sometimes are more serious ones in disguise, intensifying weeks, even many months, after the initial incident. An already settled claim precludes reopening the claim or going to court — you’re basically hung out to dry. It never hurts to schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney.
A personal injury attorney will …
- conduct a thorough investigation of your injury circumstances and gather evidence.
- document your injuries in coordination with your doctors to determine the extent of your damages.
- identify all parties liable for your harm. For instance, in a crash with a tractor-trailer, liability may fall on the truck driver, the driver’s employer, the company that loaded the trailer, or the company that did mechanical work on the truck.
- get the ball rolling on your claim while you’re recuperating to expedite a favorable outcome.
- file all insurance claims and handle all communications and negotiations with the insurance company and/or the defendant’s attorney so you can focus on healing.
- retain expert witnesses, accident reconstruction specialists, and investigators as necessary.
- calculate the value of your case, vigorously pursue a fair settlement, and be prepared for trial if the other side stonewalls.
If you find yourself the victim of someone’s negligence, contact our office. No case is too small that we won’t talk with you. If it is a simple and small case we are glad to give you some free advice on how to resolve. If it is more complicated we will discuss how we can assist and fight to achieve the compensation you deserve for past and future medical expenses, lost wages and lost earning capacity, property damage, and pain and suffering.